News / Press
Latest News/Press for Toscana
Note: when it is finally 2018, change name of box 2 (2017) to news_2015, and leave this first box as contact. Then go through the 2nd box and adjust colors so all text shows.
- New Workshops! THREE DAY Figurative Sculpture Workshop with Linda Ahearn. It’s back! March 17 – 19, 2018. For the beginner or intermediate sculptor: Learn the basics of sculpting the figure, with a live model each day. An optional foundry tour is included. Hurry! There’s room for only eight students.You can register and pay on-line.
- Two Day Intensive Cold Wax & Oil Abstract Workshop with Melissa Johnson. March 3 and 4, 2018. The 10-student workshop will have a focus on cold wax techniques including creating layers and textures.
- THREE DAY Figurative Oil Painting Workshop with Joseph Lorusso. February 17 – 19, 2018. Learn how to oil paint people, in profile and full front. Space for only ten students. You can register and pay on-line.Check our Workshops page for more info.
- 2018 is our 12th year in business. Thank you to all our clients in Oro Valley, Catalina, Saddlebrooke, Marana, Tucson and Southern Arizona!
- Kids Winter Art Camp! Open for registration now. This is a three-day camp where your kid can learn oil painting with Linda Ahearn. Camp runs December 27 – 29, 2017 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day. All art supplies are included. You can register and pay online. See our Kids Winter Art Camp page for details.
- Call To Artists! Little by Little – A Small Works Show. We have decided to have a Holiday Show in December featuring small works. This will be a juried show. Artists can enter up to 6 pieces of art. Entry fee of $35.00. Application Deadline is November 7, 2017. Show Opening and Artist Reception: December 2, 2017 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Close of show: January 27th, 2018. See our Little By Little page for entry details.
- Fall Classes Resume! Kids After School Art Classes are open for registration now. Sessions resume beginning August 15th. You can register and pay on-line here. And Art Classes for Adults are in the works. The On-Going Oil Painting on Thursdays with Linda Ahearn is set to resume August 17th, and is open for registrations. We have also resumed the Beginning Watercolor and Acrylic, as well as the Let’s Get Real! Oil Painting class. We will add more on-going and regular classes soon! See our Adult Art Classes page for class details.
- New Workshops! THREE DAY Figurative Sculpture Workshop with Linda Ahearn. October 7-9, 2017. For the beginner or intermediate sculptor: Learn the basics of sculpting the figure, with a live model each day. An optional foundry tour is included. Hurry! There’s room for only eight students.
TWO DAY Plein Aire Landscape Painting Workshop with Roger Alderman. October 28-29, 2017. For any skill level painter: Learn the fundamentals of landscape painting while creating an oil painting in a loose, bright and bold style. There’s room for ten students to attend. November Workshop: THREE DAY Cityscapes Workshop with Charles Thomas. November 11-13, 2017. The essentials of what goes into a successful urban landscape or architecture painting. There’s room for ten students to attend. You can register and pay on-line. Check our Workshops page for more info.
- Open Studio Tours!Two Open Studio tours have been scheduled for this Fall. The Southern Arizona’s Regional Fall Open Studio Tour will be at Toscana on September 30 & October 1, 2017 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. And the Art Trails Open Studio Tours will be held October 21 and 22, 2017 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The season encompasses communities across Southern Arizona and invites visitors into the studios free of charge, to engage directly with the artists and learn more about their artistic process. See our Open Studio Tours page for details.
- Linda Ahearn is September’s Featured Artist!The Hilton El Conquistador has chosen Linda as their Featured Artist for September 2017. Her painting and sculptures will be displayed in the Artist Nest Gallery in the lobby at 10000 N Oracle Rd. That’s just up Oracle from Toscana. artists and learn more about their artistic process. See the Featured Artist Page for details. And see Linda’s Art Page for items that may not be at El Conquistador.
- Summer Art Camp for Kids is ready! The 4-day Camp Sessions begin on May 30, with three camps per day. It lasts for only 10 weeks, and space is limited to 12 students per camp. This year our most popular Sculpt in Clay camp is back! We kept some classics, but have changed up to Glass Mosaics and Fused Glass. This year we have 3 new camps: Beading and 3-D Beading, Sketching On The Go, and Acrylic and Oil Painting. You can register and pay on-line. Check our Summer Camps page for more info.
- Call for Artists Feathered Friends A Contemporary Fine Art Show that represents birds. Special Guests: The Writers Bloc. This spring 2017 we had a Call to Artists to submit art with a Bird/s as the focal point, the main theme of the piece. This was a juried show open to artists in Arizona. All Media were accepted. Opening Reception was April 1, 2017. The show ended August 5th. Check out the winners! Click here for more information.
- 2017 is our 11th year in business. Thank you to all our clients in Oro Valley, Catalina, Saddlebrooke, Marana, Tucson and Southern Arizona!
Box name = contact
- Art Trails Open Studio Tours The tours begin on October 22, 2016 and end on October 23, 2016. Toscana will be open from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. Save the Date! Several artists will be setting up at Toscana to offer the public art lovers more variety. The gallery is already featuring new work by selected artists in many different media.
- Summer Art Camp for Kids is ready! The 4-day Camp Sessions begin on May 23, with three camps per day. It lasts for only 11 weeks, and space is limited to 12 students per camp. Last year our most popular camps were Sculpting in Clay, Origami, and Glass and Tile Mosaics. They’re back for this year, along with two new camps: Dangles and Tangles, and Weaving and Batik Art. You can register and pay on-line. Check our Summer Camps page for more info.
- Sunlight and Shadows, A Contemporary Landscape Show
A Juried Show for Arizona Artists Show runs through August 19, 2016. We are so excited to have the National Plein Aire Painters Convention right here in Oro Valley at El Conquistador Resort. During this time, we feature some of Tucson’s brightest talents in landscape painting.
Feeling It, Oil by Barbara Mulleneaux
- SAAG’s Artist of the Year: Linda Ahearn! Southern Arizona Arts Guild chose Linda and her Wind Song sculpture as the winners. The announcement was made in April, and added to SAAG’s Facebook page.
- Show runs through March 26, 2016. Toscana Fine Art Gallery is proud to present….Something Old, Something New, Something Welded, Something Blue
New Works by local artist Aureleo Rosano.
- 2016 is our 10th year in business. Thank you to our clients in Oro Valley, Catalina, Saddlebrooke, Marana, Tucson and Southern Arizona!
- December 28, 29, and 30 – Holiday Break Art Camp For Kids At Toscana Studio & Art Gallery – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm each day. In this 3-day multi-age workshop, children learn to draw with graphite, charcoal, and colored pencil. We will be setting up creative still lifes, as well as working from a live model, our studio dog Gracie. Children will learn the importance of values and shading as well as contour drawing through many fun exercises. We will also work from a photo and learn grid drawing. Time permitting, children will have the opportunity to use pastels and/or watercolors. It is 3 action- packed days in the studio.
- October 24 & 25 – Art Trails 2015 Open Studio Tour – 11:00 am – 5:00 pm both days. A great time to view the art at Toscana and talk with Linda Ahearn! For more information and maps of the tour, please go to Art Trails. See the article from The Explorer on-line at Art Trails 2015 in The Explorer.
- October 17 “A Painter’s Life” One-Man Art Show Reception – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Light refreshments and live Bluegrass music! Come out for a spirited evening of art, music, food and tons of fun! Show “A Painters Life” a series of paintings by Tucson Artist Chris Harvey, runs thru January 15, 2016.
- May 26 – August 6, 2015 – Kids Summer Art Camp – Toscana Studio offers a variety of creative art camps for children in grades 2 through 12. On-line registration and payment through PayPal available. The children work in clay and cement, in acrylics, with gears and bolts, with pencils, like Jackson Pollock, in mixed media, individually, and in small groups.
- April 18 & 19 – Tucson Open Studio – 11:00 am – 5:00 pm both days. A whole weekend of art at Toscana. Linda invites local artists to Toscana to show off their amazing work. Light refreshments, music, fun and art!
- February 28, 2015 – Time Traveler Show – Featuring Figurative Art – 2D and 3D artists will show their work! Opening night reception is February 28, at Toscana, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Come out for a lovely evening of art, music, food and great fun!
- January 2015 – Rosano Review continues through the month of January, 2015.
- October 25 – January 31, 2015 – Rosano Review. Opening night reception was on October 25, 2014 – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Come out to see the amazing art of Aureleo Rosano: international recognized sculpture and mosaic artist!This show resulted in the sale of 12 of Rosano’s creations!
- May 27 – August 4, 2014 – Kids Summer Art Camp – Toscana offers a variety of creative art camps for children in grades 2 through 12. The children worked in clay and plaster, in watercolors, with pencils, in mixed media, individually, and in small groups.
- April 2014 – Double Exposure Show – Southern Arizona Arts Guild presents award-winning photographers whose photographs are the inspiration for 2D and 3D art created by local artists. Opening night reception was the highest-attended show ever at Toscana!
- April 12 & 13 – Tucson Open Studio – 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. A whole weekend of art at Toscana. Light refreshments, music, fun and art!
Box three name: news_2014
- October 17, 2013 – Gallery Exhibition Opening of Nature’s Gifts, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Ventana Medical Systems Gallery, 1910 E. Innovation Park Dr., Oro Valley, Az 85755. Enjoyed Hors d’oeuvres, complementary wine and live music! Artists represented at this exhibit were Linda Ahearn, Grace Calterone, Virginia Carroll, Brian Freeman, John Jefferies, Melissa Johnson, Anne Leonard, Sandy Merritt, Kay Mitman, Rebecca Neideffer, David Schwindt, and Tim VanDenBerg.
- September 2013, Linda Ahearn is awarded Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce’s “Community Leader of the Year.” An article about the award was published in the Northwest Explorer News. To read the article click here.
- August 2, 2013 – 5 pm to 8 pm- Exhibit of Toscana’s Summer Students Art Work – At the SAAG Gallery, in the Cases Adobes Shopping Center, 7121 N. Oracle Rd., Tucson, AZ.
- June 12, 2013, Northwest Explorer features Toscana Studio and Gallery’s Summer Art Camp for Kids.
- April 13 & 14, 2013, 11 am to 5 pm – Toscana Studio and Gallery Open Studio Tour and Artist Demonstrations. Open House in conjunction with studio tours, jewelry, art tarot readings, back massages. Sonoran Hot Dog food truck in the parking lot.
- March 2013 – Toscana Studio and Gallery announces Summer Art Camp for Children starting May 28, 2013!
- January 26, 2013 – Toscana Studio and Gallery Exhibit “Love and Art at Our Door” from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Come to see what our artists have for great, special, one-of-a-kind Valentine Gifts.
Box four name: news_2013
- December 13, 2012 – Toscana Studio and Gallery Exhibit Reception for “Holiday Gathering” from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Came for an evening of great Holiday Art. Refreshments were served.
- October 2012 – Toscana Studio and Gallery has an ad in Southwest Art Magazine.
- October 20 2012 – Toscana Studio and Gallery Exhibit Reception for “Earth and Sky” from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Joined under the stars for an evening reception event of Landscape art.
- September 20, 2012 – Toscana Studio and Gallery Open House Reception from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- June 2012 – Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance (SAACA) presented FREE concerts for children! Leonard Bernstein Young People’s Concert, held in the Oro Valley Council Chambers. Concerts were Saturday June 2, “What Makes Music Symphonic?”, Saturday July 7, “What is Sonata Form?”, August 4, “Quiz Concert, How Musical Are You?”
- March 2012 Desert Leaf – Article: Toscana Studio and gallery: Inspiring Students and Artists. Two-page article.
- 2012 – With great honor, Linda Ahearn has accepted a nomination for a 2012 Governor’s Art Award in the Arts Education-Individual Category. The Governor’s Arts Awards has been presented annually since 1981 by Arizona Citizens for The Arts, in partnership with the Arizona Commission on the Arts and the office of Governor.These awards are considered the most prestigious in Arizona and recognize excellence in artistic expression and outstanding contribution to the Arizona arts community. Among 80 nominees in six categories, recognition will be given at this year’s annual Governors Arts Awards celebration scheduled for March 27, 2012. Congratulations to Linda Ahearn and a HUGE Thank you to the Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance (SAACA) for the nomination, and all of the artists, young and old, who have come together in this studio to make this achievement possible! As a community, anything is possible! Thank you!
Box five name: news_2012
- October 2011 – Toscana Gallery “Breasts for Life Project”
- October 19, 2011 – Northwest Explorer article “Paint The Desert Pink.” Over the last several weeks since The Explorer announced its Paint the Desert Pink special section, the community has opened up, telling stories of inspiration, courage and strength. October always is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the stories are about women who have survived breast cancer, who are currently seeking treatment, and the people who make their lives’ work about helping those who have been diagnosed.
- August 2011 – Toscana Gallery is honored to present our show: “Pause For Beauty” – October 29, 2011 – 6:00 pm -9:00 pm. This is an annual member show for the Southern Arizona Arts Guild and will represent a multitude of “Beautiful” art in many media.
Box five name: news_2012